Friday, August 25, 2006

Skippable unit list

So I signed up for all my units today, if anyone is remotely interested. This represents a really huge workload, they don't do things by half at Reed College. And every time I mention I'm doing the Linguistics class people go "Oooh, that's supposed to be so tough/that's such a tricky unit/ the professors are going to eat you for brunch". Oh well, I am hardcore, I can take it. So here's what I will be using my brain on for the next year:

FALL SEMESTER:
Free Verse
General Linguistics
Fiction: Empire & The Novel
Contemporary Art Photography I

SPRING SEMESTER:
Intermed. Paint, Draw, Printmaking II
Revolutionary America
20thC African-American Lit: Black Radical

3 Comments:

Blogger britta said...

Instant reactions:

I took General Linguistics and it chewed me up and spit me out. But I still think about it all the time. Learned plenty.

I was capped out of Photography for the third and final time, and my heart has become black and charred because of it. I shall never again have the opportunity to take photography at Reed, but I wish you great success and joy in that class.

9:23 AM, August 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

American Universities are so weird. But yes, I'm stuck in Huddersfield and bored, despite tonight's forays to the "Holmfirth beer festival". Make of that what you will.

3:51 PM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger susie r said...

Actually I got capped out of Photography too. They just initially told me that I was enrolled on the course, it was a computer error or something. So I am taking The Figure instead, which should be just as fun even though it starts at 9am.

5:27 PM, August 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home