Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ashland

Ok, so my first draft about Ashland reads: "It's full of pleasant hippies and everyone keeps their doors unlocked". Ahem. Well that is basically true, but mostly everyone is just really really nice! And far too proactive to be hippies.

I feel like I have to be careful when writing about Ashland, because it is after all Kaia's home town. I should be safe though, because I did really like the place. It was also wonderful seeing Kaia's friends and family, and the town she grew up in. I think Kaia made a little bit more sense afterwards (not that she was nonsensical before)! Ashland is lovely, liberal, has a cosy community feeling, a lot going on, nice buildings, a big green park. They get a lot of tourists because of the Shakespeare festival: possible slight tourist/townie tension. I enjoyed spending time with Kaia's friends, after the initial inevitable nervousness. I think she has a good strong home town support network, which is what every girl needs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:58 PM, August 21, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

How do I make more sense?

(ha! you're right - I can see how this would have been a hard entry to write)

6:01 PM, August 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home